Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Sorry for your loss"

My friend passed from this life last weekend. I found the experience from my part to be very interesting. As an observer this time away from the emotional turmoil that happens with the passing of a close family member, I was reminded of the curiousness in which we express our condolences. I don't know the origin of "this dark time" but in light of the spiritual guidance of our Beloved Faith, moving on to the Abha Kingdom should be viewed as the beginning of a journey. Moving forward with great joy, like looking forward to a birth. In essence the same thing. Her passing was anything but a "dark time". It was one she had given a lot of thought to. When Wassim passed people said "sorry for your loss". I didn't lose him. Not really. I knew where he was going, so he wasn't lost. :-) And I didn't find that I was "sorry". I did get a little mad at him because I wasn't ready, and rightly told him so from the middle of the living room.....okay, and at the top of my voice.....at times........actually, many times, so I am certain he heard me.

But I wasn't sorry. I was given 18 years with all its ups and downs and was quite happy for almost all of it. So you shouldn't be sorry for me either. Which sounds like pity. And I don't think pity fits in any form.

So to say "this dark time" just doesn't work. Not for Kathy, or Wassim, and certainly not those of us who have shared their passing. The joy that you experienced when you crossed over was felt by all who love you so dearly! Light upon light! We felt your soul soaring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment