Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mischief

"Amity and rectitude of conduct, rather than dissension and mischief, are the marks of true faith." ---Bahá'u'lláh


This is absolutely serious......I recently sent an email in response to one I have received. What I read in the email wasn't so much the actual message, though the words in the message were quite strong and well, actually downright rude, but the underlying intent mean spirited. I could have chosen to be indignant, but I found that I truly did want to find another way to respond so as to not inflame the sender. I replied to the email within the hour. I waited a bit and called the sender.........waited a bit more and called again..............and eventually sent a text. That was a day and a half ago and have not yet received a response.

What, you might ask, does this have to do with the quote I've posted? Well, I read it and reflected on what I did next. By the way.......the email was work related. The email, initially was not sent directly to me

No comments:

Post a Comment